Re: Accepted debian-security-support 2016.05.09+nmu1 (source all) into oldstable, oldstable

(Copying debian-lts as the information here is of general interest to
LTS contributors IMO)

On Mon, 09 May 2016, dak@security.debian.org wrote:
> Version: 2016.05.09+nmu1

How come you reused the same version than in unstable? Now we likely have
two files of the same name with different checksums as the main and
security archives are separate... (*)

Also I don't think we should mark our uploads as NMU. The package is
basically co-maintained by the security teams so any upload you can mark
as "Team upload" and use a non-NMU versioning number.

I would have expected "2016.05.09" in unstable and "2016.05.09~deb7u1" in
wheezy-security.

Cheers,

(*) I think dak now has some code to try to avoid this but if you upload
both packages at the same time, it has no chance to detect it AFAIK.
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer