Re: how reliable is "debian-security-support" ? AW: [SECURITY] Security support for Wheezy handed over to the LTS team

On Mon, May 09, 2016 at 08:43:37AM +0000, Schulz, Reiner wrote:
> How often i have to update the "debian-security-support" package?

"never" is valid answer I'd say (though maybe a bit confusing at first).

My point is: the package itself does nothing, it's only used for
documenting what is supported.

The most recent version of security-support-ended.deb7 is what you are
looking for - and even that might be outdated in the sense that it has
been decided that package foo has become unsupportable and thus is not
supported anymore, but noone had time to update security-support-ended.deb7
yet.

https://bugs.debian.org/src:debian-security-support lists some packages
which are not supported anymore in wheezy and which are not listed in
security-support-ended.deb7 yet.

--
cheers,
	Holger