Re: Supporting libav in wheezy

> We have 15% of the sponsors listing at least one of the binary packages
> built by libav in their package list. That's relatively close to Xen
> (17.4%) where we are going to spend money for external help. That said
> none of the customers expressed their reliance on this package when I
> asked on the private list while they were quick to respond for their
> need of Xen.

I have a suspicion that many of these installs may be due libav being
installed to satisfy dependancies. There are a large number of packages
that do depend on libav.

Unless our sponsors are using wheezy LTS actively for multimedia
processing, it is very possible they will not get hit by the security
issues we are attempting to fix.

Is it worth continuing with this?
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>