Re: Xen updates for wheezy ready for testing

On 2016-04-10 19:26:03, Brian May wrote:
> Antoine Beaupré <anarcat@orangeseeds.org> writes:
>
>> Heads up! The Xen packages prepared by Brian May have passed preliminary
>> testing and are ready for wider testing on Wheezy! See:
>>
>> https://people.debian.org/~anarcat/debian/wheezy-lts/
>
> [...]
>
>> So here's a debdiff based on Brian's work. I did a few cosmetic changes,
>> basically only to the changelog, to make sure that:
>>
>> * the right distro is used (wheezy-security instead of wheezy-update)
>> * all CVE issues fixed are mentionned in the last changelog so that the
>>   tracker notices the fixes
>
> I guess I should now remove my packages to avoid any potential
> confusion?

I do not think it is necessary: only the changelog changed.

>> I have had Brian's packages running on a test server for a while now,
>> and it's still up. I am not sure which tests you are expecting to be
>> performed here, but I can do more if you need to. In particular, there's
>> a production server ready at a client that I can use during the week if
>> you wish.
>
> Where to from here?

I guess I am waiting for an answer from Moritz about the above. :)

> Just a thought: Presumably you will have to reboot to get the security
> updates running, however will the system still function properly if you
> upgrade without rebooting?

The packages shouldn't interfere with a running host, but of course I
think it needs a reboot for (all?) the fixes to actually be applied.

Ksplice, ksplice, where are you?

a.

--
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the
stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.