Re: Xen updates for wheezy ready for testing

Antoine Beaupré <anarcat@orangeseeds.org> writes:

> Heads up! The Xen packages prepared by Brian May have passed preliminary
> testing and are ready for wider testing on Wheezy! See:
>
> https://people.debian.org/~anarcat/debian/wheezy-lts/

[...]

> So here's a debdiff based on Brian's work. I did a few cosmetic changes,
> basically only to the changelog, to make sure that:
>
> * the right distro is used (wheezy-security instead of wheezy-update)
> * all CVE issues fixed are mentionned in the last changelog so that the
>   tracker notices the fixes

I guess I should now remove my packages to avoid any potential
confusion?

> I have had Brian's packages running on a test server for a while now,
> and it's still up. I am not sure which tests you are expecting to be
> performed here, but I can do more if you need to. In particular, there's
> a production server ready at a client that I can use during the week if
> you wish.

Where to from here?

Just a thought: Presumably you will have to reboot to get the security
updates running, however will the system still function properly if you
upgrade without rebooting?
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>