Re: Packages not supported in wheezy-lts

On 01/25/2016 12:23 PM, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
Hello,

Hi!

- what to do with openjdk-6?

This one's a bit tricky for us, as openjdk-7-jdk and openjdk-7-jre pull in 73 additional packages, compared to openjdk-6-jdk and openjdk-6-jre.

There are a bunch of GNOME and MESA packages, as well as a few other desktop related utilities, which serve no purpose on a server.

openjdk-7-jre-headless and openjdk-7-jre-lib don't do that, thankfully.

I agree, though, that openjdk-6 should be phased out anyway.

It's possible that we can phase out openjdk-*-jre and openjdk-*-jdk, and require that our customers do their development elsewhere, I'll check into that. If so, it should be easy to skip openjdk-6 entirely.
Jan