Re: pound

Hi Brian,

On Sat, 23 Jan 2016, Brian May wrote:
> * Wasn't sure what to do with the version number - I have to use a lower
>   then then wheezy - so I merged the changelog entries for 2.6-* into
>   one and named the version 2.6-1+deb6u1

The usual way to handle such cases is to append ~deb6u1 at the end
(possibly replacing the +deb7uX to avoid a too long version string).

> Does this look ok?
> https://linuxpenguins.xyz/debian/pool/main/p/pound/

Did you check that the new upstream version is backwards compatible in
terms of usage?

I have to say that you have been a bit hasty in uploading a new upstream
version without giving other people chances to comment. There are multiple
persons who already looked at this package and who might have had some
advice, starting with Guido Günther who left the comment in the
dla-needed.txt file and possibly also the current package maintainer. I
remember also Thijs having commented on this package in the past.

The packages had been waiting for months in the list and here you did not
even wait two days before uploading.

Also in such cases you might want to try to invite users to test the
update before uploading... you might not get any feedback but at least
you did your best ot ensure the upgrade was safe for everybody.

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer