Re: Updates to debian-security-support

On Fri, Dec 18, 2015 at 12:10:09PM +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I pushed some updates to the git repository of debian-security-support
> basically updating the status of virtualbox-ose in squeeze but also
> handling some open bugs that various maintainers filed about their
> own package (cf patches in attachment).
>
> Are the changes OK for the security team and can I upload the package to
> unstable? (And then backport to squeeze)

The kodi/xbmc one needs some work, let's wait for Balint to reply.

The others look good to me.

> Do we have an official vetting process for those kind of maintainer
> requests?

Not really, we get CCed on the mails, they just need someone having
the time to look over/ack them.

> Shall there be announces for all packages which are not security
> supported? Most of those that I added are in stable releases: xbmc,
> qtwebkit-opensource-src, wine-gecko-2.21.

I don't think that's needed. qtwebkit-opensource-src is essentially
covered by the existing entry in the release notes and wine-gecko
is just for posterity.

Also, debian-security-support will keep people informed.

Cheers,
        Moritz