Re: Unsupported packages for Wheezy LTS

Hi

On 2015-11-04 17:44:36, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> [ Many people are on copy, please trim the list as appropriate when you reply ]
>
> On Wed, 19 Aug 2015, Moritz Muehlenhoff wrote:
> > These need to be discussed, since they will be a significant
> > time drain (e.g. are they in the sponsors's interests?). They
> > are supportable, but it will take a lot of work and sometimes
> > special domain knowledge:
> >
> > icedove
> > iceweasel
> > qemu
> > qemu-kvm
> > xen
> > libvirt
> > ffmpeg -> libav
> > vlc
> > rails -> several split packages (only the 3.2 packages are supported in wheezy)

> Thus putting the respective maintainers/maintainance team in copy (Mike
> Hommey for iceweasel, Guido Günther for multiple package, Christop Göhre for Icedove,
> Aurelien Jarno, Riku Voipio, Vagrant Cascadian for qemu, Michael Tokarev
> for qemu-kvm, Guido Trotter and Bastian Blank for Xen, Laurent Léonard
> for libvirt, Sebastian Ramacher and pkg-multimedia for libav/vlc).

The versions of libav and vlc in wheezy are all EOLed upstream. vlc is also
behind some upstream releases in the 2.0.x series. If anyone intends to keep vlc
alive for wheezy LTS, I'd recommend to upgrade to latest release there first.

I don't plan to spend any time on the wheezy versions of libav and vlc once the
normal wheezy support has ended.

Cheers
--
Sebastian Ramacher