Re: squeeze update of cacti?

Hi Chris,

On 14-12-15 11:32, Chris Lamb wrote:
>>> Please don't, upstream already has a patch in SVN¹, but didn't mark the
>>> bug (I just did).
>>
>> Please find attached the debdiff that I could come up with from my work
>> on sid, jessie and wheezy. It isn't tested yet (I don't have a suitable
>> setup for that) so I appreciate it if somebody could check the patch
>> doesn't break graph.php.
>

> Just to clarify what's needed here - are you part of Debian LTS?

What a difficult question to answer straight. Yes and no. Yes, I lurk on
this e-mail list, yes, I have the intention to take care of "my" own
packages as said multiple times on this list. But no, I don't get paid,
no, I don't promise any "timely" response, and no, I don't intent to
take up other packages.

> Or rather; am just checking as I "took" this package in
> data/dla-needed.txt to prepare an upload and don't want to duplicate
> work/anouncements, etc.

Yes, I know of the WoW, but due to the time commitment, I decided not to
claim the issue myself. I also have difficulties with testing the
package in a wheezy setup. But I did just uploaded to wheezy and jessie,
so providing a debdiff against wheezy was the obvious thing to do.

> Either way is fine, just let me know :)

So, if you can check and test my debdiff you can upload and announce if
you are satisfied with it. If you have concerns, I propose we discuss it
here, because it may be relevant for the security uploads to
sid/jessie/wheezy as well. Of course you can upload any package any
time, if you feel it should be done regardless of my input.

Paul