Re: smokeping DLA test

[cc'ing you just in case you aren't subscribed]

On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 12:29:40PM -0500, Antoine Beaupré wrote:

> this is my first DLA, so i want to make sure i am doing this
> right... Already i am worried i have skipped a step because i have
> already reserved DLA-348-1 in the security tracker for this... But i
> feel this is not so much of a problem as I haven't sent the advisory
> just yet.
>
> The DLA covers an old security issue that was never fixed in squeeze,
> but also a new security issue that was just pushed to security-master
> for wheezy and jessie today.

Hi, the new security issue is clearly CVE-2015-0859, but the squeeze
version of smokeping isn't vulnerable AFAICS?

It doesn't have the 'shift @ARGV' thing in the CGI script, that was
introduced in 2.6.5-1 (so between squeeze and wheezy) and I can't see
it using command line arguments for anything else either...
--
Niko Tyni   ntyni@debian.org