Re: Packages with issues against mysql-5.5 and dbconfig-common (was: Testing mysql-5.5 on squeeze)

Hi,

On Wed, 25 Nov 2015, Santiago Ruano Rincón wrote:
> According to [1], there are six packages that have issues with mysql-5.5
> and dbconfig-common. To being able to propose mysql-5.5 we need to
> update those packages first, modifying the problematic syntax. If those
> changes are compatible with mysql 5.1 and 5.5, is it OK to upload the
> packages to squeeze-lts, even if these are not security issues?
> I mean, I hope the users won't need an additional repository to use
> these mysql-5.5-related packages.

I think it's OK yes. The LTS team is a mix of security and stable release
team since nobody else is looking after squeeze.

But I would suggest to not release any "DLA" but just a simple mail
announcing why those packages are updated...

> I plan to ask the concerned maintainers if they are interested on
> updating their packages.

Ok. But state clearly that we will update the packages soon.

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer