Re: Suspend failing

On 2015-07-21 21:26, Ben Hutchings wrote:
On Tue, 2015-07-21 at 19:48 -0500, golinux wrote:

I appreciate the timely response.  Why did you think it might be the
nVidia driver? Maybe compiz is the culprit? I just checked the the
.xsession-errors and nothing is jumping out at me (but what do I know).
There is some polkit-gnome-authentication and python stuff mentioned.
Currently, there are a few pending upgrades including a few for python
so I should probably do that.  Just don't want to make things worse.

I just tried hibernation and it did work, though I had to change
desktops to get the monitor to display/draw completely. Then there was
another kernel failure message.  Perhaps there is something new in
there. I see nvidia mentioned along with lots of other stuff. Any more
thoughts?
[...]

Sorry, I don't think I can help further.

Ben.

Hmm . . . Haven't had the keyboard time yet to check out an upgrade to the nVidia driver. But if it were the driver, why would hibernation work but not suspend?

Or maybe it's just easier to point a finger elsewhere than to troubleshoot an LTS version that will not be supported for much longer . . .

Perhaps someone else has a suggestion?

Thanks,

golinux