Re: Suspend failing

On Tue, 2015-07-21 at 17:07 -0500, golinux wrote:
> After the last kernel upgrade to 2.6.32-48squeeze13, suspend is failing
> on my squeeze.  It had been working flawlessly since the original
> install in May of 2011.  But since December 2014 I have been having
> kernel failure issues and even posted about it here.
>
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-lts/2014/12/msg00035.html

Sorry I missed that.  The problem may lie with the nvidia driver, which
we have no way to support.

> This message is in both the boot and kernel logs.  I suspended.  I
> didn't hibernate.  So why is the system trying to find a 'hibernation
> image'.  Any ideas how to fix this?

It's trying to find a hibernation image because that's exactly how it
finds out whether the system was hibernated.  These log messages are
completely normal on a fresh boot (if you turn the log level high
enough).

[...]
> I thought I might try to forcing a kernel version but the only option is
> to 2.6.32-48squeeze6.

<http://snapshot.debian.org/package/linux-2.6/> has all the old
versions you care to try.

> I have been pretty flat out with a back injury for over 2 months and
> don't have much keyboard time.  So hoping this can be fixed easily.

I'm afraid I can't see any recent changes that look likely to have
influenced suspend behaviour.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings