Re: [debian-lts] libvncserver package

On Wed, 15 Apr 2015, Nguyen Cong wrote:
> Thank you very much for uploading my work.
> >Did you base your work on the patches that have been released in the
> >wheezy update?
> In fact, most of my work is based on information from this:

Ok. Please try to write changelogs that explain where you
took the patches from. This will really help the person reviewing your
upload (and add the corresponding "Closes: #762745" in the changelog entry
too!).

> It's not that I'm trying to take the fix from security team,
> I just thought that it's better with more information from
> trusted source. So I add them for further references.

Sure, no problem in what you did, but explaining it in the changelog
(or at least in the mail where you seek the review/upload) is helpful.

BTW there's no shame in basing our work on the work of the person who took
care of the wheezy upload.

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer