squeeze update of firestarter

On 11/04/2015, Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org> wrote:
> Hello dear maintainer(s),
>
> the Debian LTS team would like to fix the security issues which are
> currently open in the Squeeze version of <various packages>

Hello, LTS people.

I am wondering whether such intended review and maintenance, also
applies to firestarter.

I believe that firestarter was abandoned by its
devleopers/maintainers, when it was still in Debian 5, and

https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=firestarter&searchon=names&suite=all&section=all

shows

"
You have searched for packages that names contain firestarter in all
suites, all sections, and all architectures. Found 1 matching
packages.

Exact hits

Package firestarter
squeeze (oldstable) (admin): gtk program for managing and observing
your firewall
1.0.3-8: amd64 armel i386 ia64 kfreebsd-amd64 kfreebsd-i386 mips
mipsel powerpc s390 sparc
wheezy (stable) (admin): GTK program for managing and observing your firewall
1.0.3-11: amd64 armel armhf i386 ia64 mips mipsel powerpc s390 s390x sparc
sid (unstable) (admin): GTK program for managing and observing your firewall
1.0.3-11 [debports]: m68k
"

So it seems to be something to which "security issues" would likely be
applicable, for Debian 6 LTS, and for Debian 7, and, thus suggests
that review and maintenance of firestarter, would be an appropriate
activity for the LTS project, in the absence of otherwise review and
maintenace of firestarter.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale