Re: Packages not supportable in squeeze-lts

Matt Palmer wrote...

> My
> use-case for LTS, at the very least, is more about keeping existing machines
> running and secure, rather than continuing to deploy squeeze machines onto
> new generations of hardware.

Agreed. You get a 2010 Linux, it might run on 2015-ish hardware but
don't hold your breath.

Now I'm curious about the sites that have huge installations and
reported interest in squeeze-lts: How does your hardware setup look
like? Do you still deploy new boxes with that old Debian installed? Or
has everything been virtualized so newer kernels are not required, at
least not for hardware support?

    Christoph