Re: Missing openssl build for i386

On Sat, Jun 07, 2014 at 10:45:25AM +0200, Jeroen Dekkers wrote:
> At Fri, 6 Jun 2014 08:04:38 +0200,
> Moritz Muehlenhoff wrote:

> > > The amd64 build got uploaded just before a dinstall run, while the i386
> > > build was uploaded some time afterward.  If it isn't already there now, it
> > > should show up in the next six hours (at most).
> >
> > Maybe the frequency of dinstall runs can be increased for the squeeze-lts
> > suite (not sure if that's a per suite setting)
>
> What are the reasons for not using security.debian.org for the LTS
> security updates? This was probably discussed on the old list, but I
> wasn't subscribed there and the archives aren't public.

I wasn't involved in the discussions, but my understanding from
after-the-fact info is that security.d.o is (reasonably enough) quite locked
down, and wasn't built for adding new suites as easily as the main archive.
Given that, at this stage at least, LTS is an experiment, spending the extra
energy on making security.d.o up to the task wasn't considered reasonable.

- Matt