Re: Debian contributors looking for paid work on Squeeze LTS

Thorsten Alteholz wrote:

> On Tue, 27 May 2014, Moritz Muehlenhoff wrote:
> >>BTW, did you really mean 2014 (so that would be only a few months) or
> >>did you rather mean 2013 (so that we have a full year of history to make it
> >>more representative)?
> >
> >The full 2013 would be even better, yes (but also involves more work)
>
> So here is the list of DSAs affecting Squeeze for 2013 (235 DSAs and 183 for
> Squeeze; in May Squeeze became oldstable).
>
>   Thorsten

Following a very rough methodology:

For updates in leaf packages with a patch available for stable-security
four updates should be sufficient for the updated packages and tests.

Sometimes the update is more involved (e.g. because it requires additional
changes to be backported) or a lot of reverse deps need to be tested, then
it may take up to a day. Let's assume that one third of the updates are of
that category.

Then there's the odd exception which might still take more time, but that's
hard to factor in (some kernel updates e.g.).

Filtering out the unsupported packaged this leaves us with 160 packages,
so approx 100-110 days.

Cheers,
        Moritz