Draft of announcement for Debian LTS

Hi,
please review and comment on attached draft (especially those among you who
are native speakers in English). I'm planning to send it on Sunday.

Anything I'm missing in the annoucement?

I'd like to finalise the list of unsupported packages before than and upload
a new version of debian-security-support. As per the comments so far only
the status of ffmpeg and drupal6 is unclear. Please comment.

Any objections to shutting down the enyo.de list not that we have the
lists.debian.org one in place?

Cheers,
        Moritz
Hi,
the initial organisation and setup of Squeeze LTS has now happened and it is ready
for taking over security support once the standard security support ends at the
end of May. Here's the important information as announced earlier:

Information for users
updates for squeeze-lts:
https://lists.debian.org/debian-lts-announce/

A few packages are not covered by the Squeeze LTS support. These can be
detected with the new tool debian-security-support. Information on how
to run it can be found here:
https://wiki.debian.org/LTS/Development#Check_for_unsupported_packages

If debian-security-support detects an unsupported package which is critical
to you, please get in touch with debian-lts@lists.debian.org (seee below).

Information for Debian maintainers
==================================

First of all, Debian package maintainers are not expected to work on updates of
their packages for squeeze-lts. If you _are_ interested in doing so, you're
certainly welcome to do so; everyone in the Debian.org and Debian maintainers
key ring can upload to the squeeze-lts suite. Information on how to upload
a fixed package can be found at
https://wiki.debian.org/LTS/Development#Upload_Packages

Mailing list

Please subscribe or follow us via GMANE (gmane.linux.debian.devel.lts)

Aside from the debian-lts-announce list, there's also a list for following all
uploads in debian-lts (https://lists.debian.org/debian-lts-changes/).

Security Tracker

All information on security in Debian is tracked through the Debian Security Tracker
(http://security-tracker.debian.org). All information on the status of vulnerabilities
(e.g. if the version in squeeze-lts happens to be unaffected while wheezy is affected)
will be tracked in the Debian Security Tracker. If you happen to spot an error in
the data, please see https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/data/report

Cheers,
        Moritz