Re: support for lsb 4.1 and lower

Hi Keld,

Le jeudi, 15 octobre 2015, 22.23:14 Keld Simonsen a écrit :
> Would it be possible just to preserve the current LSB support,
> just like many other distros do, and what is done in Debian 7.8?

What is your precise use-case?

So far, I've concluded that the half-baked LSB support that we currently
have in Debian is not worth keeping, as it brings the wrong message
forward. See the discussions starting from the following links:

https://lists.debian.org/4526217.myWFlvm1rM@gyllingar
https://lists.debian.org/4682310.7LIWdV4Lar@gyllingar

The other problem is that there is (very) close to zero available
manpower to maintain the "current LSB support" available in Debian;
volunteers welcome!

Cheers,

OdyX