Re: Status of the src:lsb package

Le jeudi, 17 septembre 2015, 23.00:51 Michael Biebl a écrit :
> Am 17.09.2015 um 14:56 schrieb Didier 'OdyX' Raboud:
> > After the discussion [0] about these changes back in July (on both
> > debian-lsb@ and debian-devel@), I have uploaded src:lsb 9.20150826
> > unstable, building no LSB compatibility packages anymore (besides
> > lsb- release and lsb-base). As far as I could see, this didn't
> > affect anything in unstable at the time (and that's how things
> > should be).
> So far I only stumbled upon one proprietary deb which has a Depends:
> lsb, which will be broken by dropping the lsb compat packages.
> It's the closed-source Epson printer driver [1]. It's a rather badly
> maintained package (using alien), still wanted to mention it as a data
> point.

LSB-"compliant" (FSVO 'compliant') printing drivers are certainly a
problem. That said, it's a problem that I'd rather tackle with re-
packaging, upload to non-free, or any other more Debian-specific method.
In this specific case, there's at least some part that comes in LGPL
source form.

The Debian Printing Team welcomes all interested parties :-)

Cheers,
OdyX