Re: Status of the src:lsb package

Hi Nikolaus,

Le jeudi, 17 septembre 2015, 09.27:56 Nikolaus Rath a écrit :
> On Sep 17 2015, Didier 'OdyX' Raboud <odyx@debian.org> wrote:
> > Le jeudi, 17 septembre 2015, 08.46:24 Nikolaus Rath a écrit :
> >> I don't know about formal LSB compatibility, but there are several
> >> proprietary applications that require nothing but the
> >> /{lib,lib64}/ld-lsb.so* symlinks to work properly under Debian. So
> >> it would be great if they could be preserved.
> >
> > FYI, this used to be in lsb-core, and is to be found in the package
> > VCS history.
> >
> > I will not work towards this, but feel free to adopt the package and
> > upload an updated version.
>
> I'm only a DM and having to search for a fresh sponsor for every
> upload is very frustrating. Would you be generally available to
> sponsor my uploads (ideallyl until you feel comfortable to give me
> upload privileges)?

Given that I'm (so far) convinced that _not_ providing the lsb packages
at all is the correct thing to do for Debian, I'd prefer if another DD
could sponsor any upload of src:lsb re-introducing these (and drop me
from Uploaders).

That said, as for the technical issue at hand, iff these symlinks [0]
are useful to make Debian relevant for (some) non-free software out
there, couldn't they be handled directly by libc6 on the various
architectures ?

src:eglibc maintainers: opinions ?

Cheers,
OdyX