Re: lsbcc help needed

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 8:15 AM, Mats Wichmann <mats@wichmann.us> wrote:
deb http://ftp.linuxfoundation.org/pub/lsb/repositories/debian lsb-4.1 main

Thanks for the repository link.  I downloaded the packages and installed with Synaptic.  I also have gcc and the various lsb packages from the Debian repository installed.  No issues or conflicts with the package installs.  Ran /opt/lsb/bin/lsbcc -v and it found the default gcc compiler version 4.7.  Added /opt/lsb/bin to my path.  I have scripts I use to build my applications.  Made sure CC was set to lsbcc and exported in my script.  Ran the script to build a simple command line application.  It ran without errors.  Ran objdump -p on the executable that was created.  Didn't see any dependencies listed.  Ran appchk on the executable.  It didn't show any error messages.  When I had lsb 3 installed from the Debian repository, it looked like it was linking to the wrong compiler library and was issuing warnings.  Saw no signs of that with the 4.1 version.  Going to test it out building some more complicated programs this weekend.  So far, so good.  Thanks again for the pointer to the lsb packages.

Sincerely,
Laura
http://www.distasis.com/cpp