Re: lsbcc help needed

On 06/06/2013 05:51 AM, LM wrote:
> I'd like to compile some Open Source applications and use the lsb
> libraries.  I've tried looking for documentation on how to build
> applications on Debian and ran across information at the wiki (
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianLsb ) like "TODO: How to develop LSB
> applications on Debian".  If I could work out the details, I would be happy
> to help out with some of the documentation for this, but I'm still
> attempting to work out how to do this.  I had Debian Squeeze and the
> lsb-build-base3 and lsb-build-cc3 package installed, but it looked like it
> was finding the wrong compiler libraries (it used libc6).  Just upgraded to
> Wheezy, updated all the packages to 4.1+Debian 8 hoping it would fix
> things.  Now I can't find the lsb-build-base or lsb-build-cc or
> lsb-build-c++ packages.  What's the best way to get the lsbcc and lsbc++
> compilers up and running on Debian?  Is there another repository with the
> packages available or a working method for building them from source on
> Debian?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

I've been unable to keep track of whether the packages in Debian are
still being maintained.  On the LSB side, we have done some work to try
to keep the sources a little more "distro friendly".

If you're willing to pick these up from the upstream source, this stanza
should do it:

deb http://ftp.linuxfoundation.org/pub/lsb/repositories/debian lsb-4.1 main

The easiest way to get the whole set of development pkgs is to pull in
the metapackage  lsb-task-sdk.

You may want to hop over to the lsb-discuss@lists.linuxfoundation.org
list for more information.

-- mats