Re: RM: lsb-build-cc3 -- RoQA; obsolete, unmaintained

Hi,

Debian FTP Masters wrote:

> as the package lsb-build-cc3 has just been removed from the Debian archive
> unstable we hereby close the associated bug reports.
[...]
> For details on the removal, please see http://bugs.debian.org/674792

Does this mean that Debian no longer packages the tools to build LSB
apps, or is there some other effort being made to make that possible
again?

That seems rather sudden --- the package was not orphaned or any
obvious notification given that this was coming.  The package has no
RC bugs filed.  If this is about Qt 3, I would think it would have
been possible to neuter it by removing Qt support without destroying
the toolchain altogether.

There is not much time, but would anyone like to help revive it,
perhaps in an LSB 4 version?

Jonathan