Re: LSB 3.0 and who's doing what?

On Wed, 2005-06-29 at 14:59 -0400, Dave Neil wrote:
> Looks like the Debian project is going to have to come up with a
> decision on this stuff. It looks like an endless catch 22 from my
> perspective, based on everything that's been brought up in this thread.
> The LSB folks aren't going to budge and if Debian wants to be LSB
> compliant for 2.0 or even 3.0, there will have to be some hard choices
> taken. Can we get this matter resolved from the Debian camp soon?

Well, not really.  That's the beauty of my plan; the LSB and Debian can
stay as out of sync as they feel they need to.

My efforts are going OK, and I hope to have a preliminary Debian package
for people to play with soon.  That should enable the derivatives, like
Xandros and Progeny CL, to certify, as Matt has pointed out.

>From there, Debian can make up its own mind what's important for it.  I
will likely present some form of this package for inclusion in a sarge
update once it's ready.  From there, it's the stable release manager's
call.