mailing-list issues

On Tue, 2005-10-18 at 06:48 -0700, Wichmann, Mats D wrote:
> >Wow, 5 day delay on this getting to the lsb lists. Maybe I
> >should have sent
> >it air express rather than bulk rate ground :)
>
> Looks like we had some problems that blocked some stuff
> on at least some lists.
>
> We had a nice story earlier, when the FSG mailserver moved,
> it moved to an address in a block of IP addresses assigned
> by the colo provider... which had previously belongs to a
> spammer, and thus was widely blacklisted.
I think that IP block is still blacklisted
> Yummy.  This one
> sounds like it was a different problem, though.

The story here is that the earlier mailing-list server was
base3.freestandards.org on which the mailman service was disabled.
Apparently DNS info hasn't percolated well enough with the updated
entries and a lot of stuff was queued to be sent to the old mail server.
I've started mailman on the old server , so now we actually have a
situation where there are two mailing-list services running.What's going
to happen now is that mail should reach the subscribers, so that's
good , but we're going to have an inconsistent archive.
I'll rsync the archives  later on when the DNS issues are fixed

Hopefully stuff is fixed to a slightly more acceptable degree ...
-- pradosh