Re: Please fix lsb-base bugs soon

[Anthony Towns]
> Erm, sysvinit is Essential: yes; you need to be very careful it
> works at all times;

I'm trying to be careful, while still moving the package forward. :)

> you might need to look into making initscripts' Depends: to a
> Pre-Depends: .

The postinst of initscripts do not run anything in /etc/init.d/, so it
should be sufficient with depends, I believe.  Why do you propose to
move the dependencies to pre-depends?

> Please be _very_ careful when introducing new dependencies to
> Priority:required and Essential:yes packages.

I try to be, and will continue to do so. :)

I'm not sure why, but I believed lsb-base already had the needed
priority, and thus thought it safe to start using it.  Obviously I was
mistaken.

> I've upped lsb-base's priority to required; packages can't Depend:
> on lower priority packages.

Thank you.

I suspect the lsb-base maintainer will hate me for this when the base
freeze arrives. :)

I'll let this change rest for a while, and try to get more init.d
scripts to add dependency information in the header, to be able to
check the current boot sequence, and in the future reorganize the boot
sequence for maximum boot speed and parallel-ability.