Re: LSB status of sarge?

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004, Chris Lawrence wrote:

> Someone more expert and up-to-speed than I will have to figure out
> what we need to do to accommodate the C++ and graphics specs.  AFAICS
> all it would need to be is a dummy package (lsb-cxx providing
> lsb-cxx-noarch and lsb-cxx-{arch}) with dependencies on lsb and
> libstdc++5, and lsb would need the lsb-graphics-* provides (I suppose
> a separate lsb-core could be created that would be a subset of lsb,
> and lsb could depend on that and the X stuff; any thoughts?).

This is mostly right. The way I would envision it is that the lsb
package would depend on lsb-core, lsb-cxx, and lsb-graphics, each of
which would provide the arch specific set of dependencies as you
outlined above, and depend on the packages that provide the
functionallity required in each.

lsb-cxx and lsb-graphics should probably depend on lsb-core also.

Most people will just install lsb, but it would be possible install
only lsb-core if desired.

                                Stuart

Stuart R. Anderson                               anderson@netsweng.com
Network & Software Engineering                   http://www.netsweng.com/
1024D/37A79149:                                  0791 D3B8 9A4C 2CDC A31F
                                                 BD03 0A62 E534 37A7 9149