Re: [cyeoh@samba.org: Informal Straw Poll for /srv and /media]

On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 03:53:18PM +1100, Martin Michlmayr - Debian Project Leader wrote:
> How do we respond to this?   For /srv, I think it's pretty clear we
> want "Accept proposal as in FHS 2.3 beta 3".  What about /media?

AFAICS (based on the above) we should be happy to follow the FHS's lead.

> - /media/cdrom
> - /mnt/cdrom
> - /cdrom
> - No change [1]
> - The FHS should not specify and allow it wherever the distribution wishes [2]
> - Other [3]

I don't think any of the above (including /mnt/cdrom) would cause a
problem for Debian as a distro. Personally I'm inclined to think /media
is likely to be the best name in the long term.

Cheers,
aj

Australian DMCA (the Digital Agenda Amendments) Under Review!
	-- http://azure.humbug.org.au/~aj/blog/copyright/digitalagenda