RE: I18N coreutils patch seems to break head and tail

> I haven't had a chance to figure this out yet, but I thought
> it prudent to report.
>
> I've been testing sarge with the i18n patch to coreutils 4.5.9
> forward-ported to 5.0 and applied against coreutils 5.0-5.

---
licquia@sargetest:~$ head -1 /etc/profile
head: `-1' option is obsolete; use `-n 1'
Try `head --help' for more information.
---

Hmm, we've seen this behavior within the LSB project but
attributed it as something being enforced by the new
coreutils. It would be interesting information if it was
actually caused by the i18n patch.  Please keep us up to date
on what you discover.