Re: Why is debian Live (11.2.0) advancing the time on my windows laptop +5 hours? ...

Hello lbrtchx,

On 28/03/2022 02:07, Albretch Mueller wrote:
  at the debian-user mailing list we are having once again a protracted
discussion about why/why DL should not alter the hard or firmware of
the hosting environment:

https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2022/03/thrd2.html

  is this something that DL could change? and if not why not?

I'm currently running Debian Live (snapshot of Debian unstable) on a laptop that has its date set to 14 days in the past. Its date does not automatically get updated, even after running for several hours.
The default in GNOME's Date&Time is 'Automatic Timezone'=Off.

I've also run the 11.3 live image for GNOME. If I select 'Location Services'=off, the clock will not automatically be updated.

The displayed clock during the live session will be with the wrong hour, but I can set the timezone in 'Date & Time', which does only affect the displayed time, it will not set the hardware clock.

Which choices have you made while booting the live image?

With kind regards,
Roland Clobus