Re: changing hostname from debian to something else in live installation

On Wed, 8 Sept 2021 at 21:37, Harshad Joshi <firewalrus@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes Michael, you are absolutely right. This is the question for which I am trying to find an answer for quite long time. I hope tech gods and their angels will answer my prayer 😄🙏

You can "preseed" the responses to the installer (I use this to _not_
create a root password, for example)

I think that might work, but I am not sure if you can leave the new
default entry editable.

<google> It seems that you can:
https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/apbs05.en.html#preseed-seenflag

--