Re: Need help debootstrapping Ubuntu using Debian's lb

I took a look and can see that your build has failed whilst running debootstrap during the initial bootstrapping stages (that particular block of lines beginning with "I:" and "E:" where it's fetching, verifying and extracting packages is coming from debootstrap).

I suggest that you first try adding the `--verbose` option to your live-build config which will result in debootstrap also being run with `--verbose` (or alternatively you can add `--verbose` to your existing use of `--debootstrap-options`). You might then see a clue as to what is going wrong in the then more verbose debootstrap output.

Since this problem seems to likely be originating within debootstrap, please put live-build to one side for a moment and play with executing debootstrap directly, to confirm that it is definitely nothing to do specifically with live-build, and to see if you can more easily figure out what is wrong. If you can thus confirm that it is debootstrap itself that is at fault, as I suspect, you'll need to reach out to the debootstrap developers. It would seem that they've broken the ability to bootstrap ubuntu from the new debian debootstrap package (presuming it worked for you previously as I think you're suggesting). (I'm afraid that I have too little time on my hands to do all of this myself).