Need help debootstrapping Ubuntu using Debian's lb

Hello live-team (your IRC channel, like debian-cinnamon, debian-python and debian-rust for some reason doesn't exist and I can't join it),

I need some help. I'm using the non-patched version of live-build (straight out of bullseye), and I'm having some package confliction issues. Unlike the last time this happened, where the packages weren't as essential so they could be excluded, these are base packages that could be crucial to the system.

The issue was this: When installing the base packages, specifically base-passwd (which I did try excluding but didn't want to go through all the bad packages), this error occurs:
"E: Tried to extract package, but file already exists. Exit..."

At first I realized that the 'false' cache-stage wasn't correct, but even removing it didn't help. I also tried force installing the packages, but still nothing. I'm not sure if Ubuntu is interfering, or if there is another apt/dpkg option to fix this, but if I could get some help on what is going on here that'd be great, I don't want to be excluding base packages (a few of them include bsdutils, gcc-11-utils), and ensure I have a stable system. Can someone lend a hand? Repo: https://github.com/ItzSwirlz/iso-builder GitHub actions run: https://github.com/ItzSwirlz/iso-builder/runs/3487048166?check_suite_focus=true

Thanks,
-Josh