Re: Has anybody gotten the Bullseye installer to work? -> yes

Mar 29, 2021, 03:45 by rclobus@rclobus.nl:

> lb config noauto \
>
>>         --debian-installer 'netinst' \
>>         --debian-installer-distribution 'bullseye' \

>>         --parent-debian-installer-distribution 'daily' \
>>

> You have specified 2 sources for the installer. When you use
> --debian-installer-distribution 'daily', you will get the daily installer.

Thank you for your prompt help.

I interpreted the options, above, as "Build a bullseye release net installer using a daily build for the parent distribution - whatever 'parent' means." Per the lb_config manfile: "--parent-debian-installer-distribution daily|CODENAME defines the parent debian-installer distribution for derivatives of the resulting live system". This is a bit of a circular definition, so it  isn't clear to me  how a "parent-" prefix changes things.

I only added this option in response to  your suggestion to someone else, which is how I ended up with this problem.

It may be in some other documentation, but elaborating a bit on the parent/mirror/nothing distinction  in the lb_config manfile - and the consequences thereon - might reduce the number of amateurs like me making the same mistakes.

Additionally, running lb config with my auto/config file doesn't warn me about the options conflict. If they're mutually-exclusive, perhaps  a warning might be helpful?

I'll re-run the build and see if things improve.