Re: "--debian-installer" of `lb config` not work in order.

Hello Xiao,

Thank you for the detailed report.

On 11/03/2021 04:18, ZhangXiao wrote:
> On bullseye, I tried to make an ISO used to install a specific Debian
> system, but seems `lb config --debian-installer live" can't make it. My
> operation is:
>
> $ rm -rf *; lb clean; lb config --debian-installer live; lb build
>
> Then I get an ISO image, when I boot with it, it gives me several
> choices including "Live (amd64)" and "Start installer". If I choose the
> "Start installer", it will fail for "no kernel modules found", then I
> "Execute a shell" in the installer and the uname tells me the kernel
> version is "5.9.0.4".
>
> While if I choose to run the "Live (amd64)", it will boot up with the
> newest kernel: 5.10.0.4
>
> So I wonder if there are any issues on my operations or there is a bug
> in lb? And how to make a live-cd to install a debian system with
> kernel-5.10.0.4?

It appears that the Debian-Installer images have not been updated yet to
reflect the newer kernel version.

I've copied this mail to the DebianInstaller team at
debian-boot@lists.debian.org

For the moment, you'll need the daily build of the installer:
--parent-debian-installer-distribution daily

With kind regards,
Roland Clobus

https://wiki.debian.org/ReproducibleInstalls/LiveImages