Re: lb binary fails on line 72

Mar 2, 2021, 12:07 by rclobus@rclobus.nl:

> Hello Borden,

>> Here's my auto/config file:

> So I've tried your config (with the minor modification that I added my
> proxy):
>
> lb config --apt-http-proxy http://localhost:3142 --architecture 'amd64'
> --archive-areas 'main contrib non-free' --backports 'true'
> --binary-filesystem 'fat32' --binary-images 'iso-hybrid'
> --bootappend-live 'boot=live locales=en_CA.UTF-8 keyboard-layouts=us
> keyboard-variants=dvorak persistence' --bootloaders 'grub-efi'
> --debian-installer 'netinst' --debian-installer-distribution 'bullseye'
> --distribution 'bullseye' --firmware-binary 'true' --firmware-chroot
> 'true' --linux-flavours 'amd64' --memtest 'memtest86+' --security
> 'false' --uefi-secure-boot 'enable' --updates 'true' --win32-loader 'true'
>
> I could not reproduce this issue, neither on the released version, nor
> on the git upstream/master. The resulting image is 407896064 bytes.
>
> Do you have additional content in config or auto? Are there perhaps
> scripts or hooks that delete folders?
>
> With kind regards,
> Roland Clobus
>
> PS: You do not need to reply to me, I'm subscribed to the list

Thank you for your comments and testing the script for me. Your results pointed my troubleshooting in the right direction. It turns out that during the ISO building phase my disk ran out of space. I increased the volume size and re-ran lb build, getting the error on each subsequent run.

It appears that the first failed build process deletes the binary folder and doesn't rebuild it on subsequent lb build runs, so the workaround is to lb clean before lb build-ing.
So the suggestion may be to tweak the process on subsequent runs either to detect a missing binary folder or not to scrap the folder unless the previous steps succeed?

With thanks,