Re: Re-Brand Debian Name to Custom Distro Name in GRUB on 1st Install

El 3/8/20 a las 13:42, Pak OS escribió:
> It seems that the suggested config works perfectly while OS is
> installed, but not before it. This is how I tested it.
> 1. 1st I tested it on the installed system, and it worked. Just needed
> to run update-grub after the file change. On next boot, Menu showed PakOS.
> 2. However when I chroot into the ISO, using a script, now part of
> PakOS, called Remaster PakOS, I can edit the grub file, but update-grub
> throws an error, saying that PakOS does not exist. The standard line in
> grub file is lsb_release, however running lab_release shows PakOS as OS
> name in Chroot, but update-grub does not result in Grub entry name to
> change to PakOS after fresh install.
>
> Now I am thinking of making a one time boot script to run update-grub on
> 1st boot, so that OS name is changed after 1st boot, however, this will
> need sudo, which can be a pain to setup in a boot script.
>
> Hope anyone can suggest a cleaner method.

Grub use lsb-releae to get the distro name also you can override
/etc/os-release, /etc/lsb-release and /etc/dpkg/origins/your_distro
most of these files came from base-files.

You can override base-files package, but you must to stay tuned when
debian base-file are update too.

--
Fernando Toledo
Dock Sud BBS