Re: Re-Brand Debian Name to Custom Distro Name in GRUB on 1st Install

It seems that the suggested config works perfectly while OS is installed, but not before it. This is how I tested it.
1. 1st I tested it on the installed system, and it worked. Just needed to run update-grub after the file change. On next boot, Menu showed PakOS.
2. However when I chroot into the ISO, using a script, now part of PakOS, called Remaster PakOS, I can edit the grub file, but update-grub throws an error, saying that PakOS does not exist. The standard line in grub file is lsb_release, however running lab_release shows PakOS as OS name in Chroot, but update-grub does not result in Grub entry name to change to PakOS after fresh install.

Now I am thinking of making a one time boot script to run update-grub on 1st boot, so that OS name is changed after 1st boot, however, this will need sudo, which can be a pain to setup in a boot script.

Hope anyone can suggest a cleaner method.