Installing Debian via a script

Hi all,

I used a USB stick to a upload a Debian live image on a box.
Once the boot was done from the USB, I got a menu, where I chose "Debian GNU/Linux live  (kernel 4.19.0-5-amd64)
After that I got a Debian installation on my USB.

I have a requirement not to use the icon that is activating the Debian GUI installer (in order to install Debian on the hard disk),
but instead to use my own customized script for that.

The requirement is that the script will not run automatically after the boot from the USB It should be activated manually from the USB, when needed.

I have been reading about preseed, and understand I can configure a preseed.cfg file with the installation options needed, to avoid the questions and the GUI.
However, I can only see reference for activating the install  automatically after the boot (by putting the preseed.cfg under the USB /media, and referencing it from the syslinux.cfg).
So this is not what I am required to do.

Any idea about this...?

Thanks,
Tamar N.