Making /etc/resolv.conf a link

Hello,

I am trying to make /etc/resolv.conf a link to
/run/resolvconf/resolv.conf, as required by the resolvconf package to
allow dynamically updating the configuration. Unfortunately, I can't
figure out how.

I have tried the following (the configuration files in question are
also attached):

Preseed: config/preseed/resolvconf.cfg.chroot:
    resolvconf      resolvconf/linkify-resolvconf: true

Hook: config/hooks/live/85resolvconf.hook.chroot:
    ln -sf /run/resolvconf/resolv.conf /etc/resolv.conf

Putting the actual link in config/includes.chroot/etc/ (a long shot)

In all three cases, the final (squashed) filesystem contained a plain,
empty file. How do I do this correctly?

Thanks,
 --j