Re: Building Customised ISO

El 14/11/19 a las 05:51, Hassan Abdalla escribió:
> Dear List,
>
> I thank you for your previous help in getting me started to customise my
> own Debian 10 Live XFCE for my university project.
>
> Until now i have been able to :
>
> 1. Prepare env for build.
> 2. add my preference software to be included in my live and installable
> build.
> 3. add my script file into the build.
>
> Now i was wonder if i could run mysql server in order to configure it
> and add DB. as well as run r in order to install certain package from
> within inside r.

hi!

You must add the mysql-server packages as you need on (example)
config/packages-list/myql-packages.list.chroot

optional, you can create a preseed file to setup the mysql root password

mysql-server/root_password
mysql-server/root_password_again

Alternative, you can get a dump form all dbs (include the mysql
database) and load it when building the iso .

To populate the mysql, i create
config/includes.chroot/var/local/initaldbs.sql with your dump (that
contain all db's)

Then i create a script on config/hooks/9999-populate-mysql.hook.chroot
for stop mysql, run without networking and load the database schema.

#!/bin/bash
# NOTE: The sleeps are to let mysql to wait to finish the start and end.
But you can use waitpid or another aproach

killall mysqld
sleep 10
mysqld --skip-networking &
sleep 10
mysql < /var/local/initialdbs.sql

with this idea. you can get a working mysql server on yout live system.

Saludos!

--
Fernando Toledo
Dock Sud BBS