Re: Calamares-installer 64bit testing-live

On 2019/04/06 11:57, Jonathan Carter wrote:
>> As compare i tried same scenario with linux mint debian edition 3 with
>> calamares installer. Both options worked as result with luks1 encrypted
>> partition.
>> The manjaro-guys had similar problem with calamares and luks2 encrypted
>> partitions a few weeks ago...
>>
>> Is calamares&encryption really working for you with your testing machines?
>
> No, you're right, it's broken in Debian right now. LMDE still has
> cryptsetup 2.0 and afaik manjaro temporarily downgraded back to
> cryptsetup 2.0.

I uploaded a patched kpmcore that will create these luks containers with
--type=luks1. I tested it locally and it works, and it's now uploaded
with kpmcore 3.3.0-5. So if you'll install that package from unstable
and install via calamares, then it will work. I'll file an unblock
request with the release team so that it can migrate to testing.

-Jonathan

--
  ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) <jcc>
  ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  Debian Developer - https://wiki.debian.org/highvoltage