(live-build) How to point dhclient at something else than just eth0-ethn at boot time

Hi List,

I was wondering if there is a way (a boot parameter I may have missed,
maybe?) to point the dhclient that comes up at boot at some other device
than just eth[0-n].

Especially, I'm looking for support for usb[0-n], as some USB ethernet
adapters register themselves as usb0 rather than eth0 (or eth1, ...), as
well as VLAN support, which means device names like eth0.123 (dot, not
colon, for those of you unfamiliar with VLANs).

I understand that for VLAN support, I would probably have to include the
vlan*.deb package, and for obvious reasons, I would likely have to
specify the device name at boot using some kind of boot parameter,
because autoprobing eth0.0-eth0.999 would take way too long.
But which parameter would that be?

Autoprobing for forDHCP on usb[0-n] similar to how it is done for
eth[0-n] would be nice, though.

So if anyone could tell me what I need to specify at boot, please do let
me know.

Or should I file a whishlist bug because these features are currently
not supported at all?

Kind Regards,
Stefan Baur