Re: New install of Live Build on Buster E: debootstrap - command not found

Hi everyone
Usually I think when there is no reply to a question people don't know
the answer and I am sure this is probably the case here but this is a
crippling issue for me. It has literally stopped me dead in my tracks.
I don't really want to have to go back to Stretch if I can help it. If
anyone is using an up to date Buster (current testing) system to use
Live Build successfully please let me know otherwise I'll assume Live
Build isn't suitable for Buster and I will revert back to Stretch.
Cheers.
Michael.

>>Hi.
Haven't been around for a while because I haven't come across any
issues, until now. Not sure if this is a bug or if something else is
causing this but on a new (everything is new) install of Buster and
Live-Build I am getting this output

root@michael-desktop:/home/michael/CobberLive/2019/Mate/i386# lb clean
[2018-09-17 07:41:21] lb clean
P: Executing auto/clean script.
[2018-09-17 07:41:21] lb clean noauto
P: Cleaning chroot
root@michael-desktop:/home/michael/CobberLive/2019/Mate/i386# lb config
[2018-09-17 07:41:26] lb config
P: Updating config tree for a debian/stretch/amd64 system
P: Symlinking hooks...
root@michael-desktop:/home/michael/CobberLive/2019/Mate/i386# lb build
[2018-09-17 07:41:36] lb build
P: Executing auto/build script.
[2018-09-17 07:41:36] lb build noauto
P: live-build 1:20180618
P: Building config tree for a debian/stretch/amd64 system
[2018-09-17 07:41:36] lb bootstrap
P: Setting up cleanup function
[2018-09-17 07:41:36] lb bootstrap_cache restore
P: Restoring bootstrap stage from cache...
[2018-09-17 07:41:36] lb bootstrap_debootstrap
E: debootstrap - command not found
I: debootstrap can be obtained from
http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/d/debootstrap/
I: On Debian based systems, debootstrap can be installed with 'apt-get
install debootstrap'.
P: Begin unmounting filesystems...
P: Saving caches...
/usr/lib/live/build/bootstrap: 35: /usr/lib/live/build/bootstrap:
chroot: not found
root@michael-desktop:/home/michael/CobberLive/2019/Mate/i386#

As already mentioned this is a new install so there is nothing in it
(so you can ignore the i386 folder name as this is just a test run). I
have purged both live build, and its associated packages and
deboostrap and installed them again and I still get this same output.
So my questions are
1. Is live build not ready for use on Buster yet? (because it creates
this output "P: Updating config tree for a debian/stretch/amd64
system"
2. Is there a clash with Live-build and debootstrap somewhere making
live-build not "see" debootstrap even though it is installed?

>From memory live-build used to detect the version it was installed on
and build an iso based on that unless it had been told to do something
different in the auto/config file. This one is reverting back to
stretch even though it is installed on a buster system.

Cheers.
Michael.