Re: Booting squashfs from local filesystem

On Tue, Apr 24, 2018 at 05:49:45PM +0100, Luca Boccassi wrote:

> Have you tried findiso=/fs/path/to/stretch.squash ?

This helped me to get one step further.
The boot commandline (/proc/cmdline) now reads:
BOOT_IMAGE=vmlinuz initrd=initrd.img boot=live \
     bootfrom=/dev/sda1 findiso=stretch.squash

(stretch.squash resides in the root of sda1)

The status now is:
  - /dev/sda1 gets mounted to /live/findiso
  - stretch.squash gets assigned to /dev/loop0 (Yeah!)
  *but*
  I still get dropped into busybox with the message:

mount: mounting /dev/loop0 on /live/medium failed: invalid argument

note that I can then manually perform the mount without further arguments,
simply by running `mount /dev/loop0 /live/medium`.

I will keep you posted about my progress.
Any more suggesstions?
--
Paul