Re: Current Live Systems Manual still applies to Debian Stretch ?

On Sun, Apr 22, 2018 at 01:03:05PM +0000, X. wrote:
>(As I am not on the list, please reply to me with CC)
>
>Greetings,
>
>I am eager to learn how to reproduce Debian 9.4 XFCE official Live Image
>using live-build.
>However, I have noticed the manual was intended for Jessie:
>
>https://debian-live.alioth.debian.org/live-manual/stable/manual/html/live-manual.en.html#4
>
>Everything should still applies to Debian Stretch, but I'm also affraid
>about missing any possible steps variance.
>
>Which ultimately brings me to ask you these questions:
>
>- Is the "Live Systems Manual"'s current state still applies for Debian
>9.4 ?

Sorry, no. For older live images (Jessie and older) we used
live-build. But for the Stretch live images we switched to using
live-wrapper instead.

>- Are every steps you do use to build Debian's official Live Image there
>in this manual ?
>- Is this the whole and only script you're using to build the Debian 9.4
>XFCE official Live Image ?:
>
>https://salsa.debian.org/live-team/live-images/tree/debian/images/xfce-desktop
>
>- Since I will check my mistakes through that script, does it still
>applies to 9.4 ?

The scripts we're using are in

  https://salsa.debian.org/images-team/live-setup/tree/master/available

In particular, look at run-30live-wrapper and live-customise.sh. It's
slightly obfuscated by the way things are built inside a VM, but
should hopefully be clear enough...

  Mature Sporty Personal
  More Innovation More Adult
  A Man in Dandism