Re: Please consider to let live-build add file /.disk/mkisofs to the ISO

On 12/06/2017 09:04 PM, Thomas Schmitt wrote:
> Raphaël, are you aware that the change in live-build
>   https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debian-live/live-build.git/commit/?id=ff71712590a809d0f7ba680e787a9f091ed853b2
> did not work and caused
>   https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=881941
> ?

He already merged the patch in live-build's git [1]

> Depending on when "binary.sh" gets finally executed
> this architectural change might cause undesired effects.

Do you have a conrete example of when the patch fails?

>  DISK_MKISOFS="$(echo "xorriso -as mkisofs ${XORRISO_OPTIONS} -o ${IMAGE} binary" | sed -e s"/'/'"'"'"'"'"'"'/g")"

That's illegible, difficult to understand and therefore impractical to
maintain.

I moved the HERE-document back to binary_iso because the generated
script initially was supposed to be a wrapper script around xorriso and
I didn't see a specific need for the creation of the cmdline file to be
wrapped as well. If that change causes trouble, I'd deem it much more
practical to move the generation back into the wrapper script, sticking
with the HERE-document.

Cheers
Daniel

(CC'ing #881941)